Looking for some quotes to boost your confidence? You're in the right place!
It's that time of the year when we start evaluating our lives.
Seeing what needs improvement. Making changes. Deciding which new challenges to take on.
So, what about you - will 2019 be the year you achieve your big life goal?
Adopt some habits of highly successful people?
Learn how to better manage stress and anxiety?
Finally ditch that 9-5 and become an entrepreneur?
Simplify your life and get back to the basics?
Increase your productivity and get more done in less time?
Whatever your goals are, one thing that definitely increases your chances of success - some would argue more than anything else - is confidence.
And we could all use some motivational words of wisdom to boost our confidence from time to time!
*If you're looking for some inspirational quotes about life, love and happiness, check out this post!*
* This post contains affiliate links. I am an Amazon Associate, a Bluehost,Thrive Themes and ConvertKit affiliate, meaning that if you click on a qualifying link and make a purchase, I will earn a commission. Please read the Disclaimer for more info.*
Here are 50 motivational quotes to boost your confidence and help you reach your goals:
Sign up for exclusive access to the Freebie Library (a regularly updated collection of free downloadable content) and updates from the blog.
1. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
2. "Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something inside them- a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill." –Muhammad Ali
4. "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.” –Albert Einstein
5. "There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the life you are capable of living." -Nelson Mandela
6. “F-E-A-R has two meanings: ‘Forget everything and run or face everything and rise. The choice is yours.” -Zig Ziglar
7. “If one advances confidently in the directions, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.” –Henry David Thoreau
8. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.”- J.K Rowling
9. "Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." -Marie Curie
10. "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” -Oscar Wilde
Quotes to Motivate You and Increase Your Confidence
11. "Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves." -Dale Carnegie
12. "Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain." -Author Unknown
13. "He conquers who endures." -Persius
14. "Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce." - Author Unknown
15. "Try to discover
The road to success
And you'll seek but never find,
But blaze your own path
And the road to success
Will trail right behind. -Robert Brault
16. “To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” -Elbert Hubbard
17. "What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine, you create." –Buddha
18. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." –Albert Schweitzer
19. "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." –Jack Canfield
20. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” –Nelson Mandela
Motivational Quotes that Will Improve Your Confidence
Boost your confidence with these quotes (continued)...
21. "One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation." -Arthur Ashe
22. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
23. "As far as self-confidence goes, so much of social media is about approval, getting likes, comparing our lives to others' - meanwhile, confidence is an inside job: it's about how you feel about yourself regardless of what anyone else does or thinks. It's a knowing that you're human, you're flawed, and you're awesome in your own way." -Jen Sincero
24. "Learn how to take criticism seriously but not personally." –Hillary Clinton
25. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?" -Marianne Williamson
26. "If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." –Winnie the Pooh
27. "Who taught you to be small? [T]hat these cracks were flaws? Taught you that your light couldn’t shine through the fractures and scars? Who told you to accept what you were given and did not want? Told you that any love was better than searching for the one only meant for you? The one that has always been inside yourself. Do not listen to them." –Tyler Kent White
28. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” -E.E. Cummings
29. “Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.” -Marcus Aurelius
30. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” -Sylvia Plath
Inspirational Quotes for Self-Esteem
Inspirational quotes to help boost your confidence (continued)...
31. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life but define yourself.” -Harvey Fierstein
32. "You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do." -Eleanor Roosevelt“
33. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. "People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
35. "Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have." -Brian Tracy
36. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” -Maya Angelou
37. “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” –Dalai Lama
38. “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…. Wow! What a ride!” -Hunter S. Thompson
39. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind." –Dr. Seuss
40. "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -Les Brown
Motivational Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
42. "He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away." -Raymond Hull
43. "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." -Dr. Seuss
44. "If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life." -Marcus Garvey
45. "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy." -Dale Carnegie
46. "Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. "Be yourself - not your idea of what you think somebody else's idea of yourself should be." -Henry David Thoreau
48. "Perhaps we shall learn, as we pass through this age, that the 'other self' is more powerful than the physical self we see when we look into a mirror." - Napoleon Hill
49. "When you are content to simply be yourself and don't compare or compete, everyone will respect you." -Lao Tzu
50. "People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do." -Rob Siltanen
I hope these quotes managed to boost your confidence!
Do you have any motivational quotes for confidence? Leave them in the comments!
*For even more of a confidence boost, check out these motivational TED Talks on Confidence.
*If you enjoyed this post or it helped you, please share it.*
Share this & help someone else!